Last year, I shared my bucket list with you (bucket list) but how much better would you feel if you approached your Bucket List like a back to front bucket list? A focus on all the things you have achieved instead of getting caught up in what we haven’t done. All too often we forget to appreciate all we have achieved.
As a result I thought I would work on a reverse bucket list and reflect on life so far in order to celebrate what I have managed to achieve and to feel grateful. What better way to boost your wellbeing!
I am sure I will have missed mentioning loads of things but Ive tried to focus on things that have made me laugh, when I have felt happy, when I have felt at peace and comfortable in my own skin and of course moments of proudness. Why not work on your reverse bucket list!
- Sneaked off for an afternoon to the cinema on my own
- Eaten out alone
- Road Trip down Highway 1 in California
- Drive a left hand drive
- Been to a spa break on my own
- Photographs published in a magazine (and recently published my own magazine!)
- Worked abroad as a teenager
- Had a girly holiday where it was all about dancing and drinking
- Stayed in a water bungalow in the Maldives
- Travelled solo with my daughter through Mexico
- Went to a Mexican wedding
- Visited stonehenge at sunrise (in the days you were allowed to walk round it)
- Had a camping trip solo with my daughter in a 2 man tent with no real plans other than it was school holidays and I had a tent in my car.
- Learnt to line dance in America and saw Garth Brooks live.
- When living alone, replaced my fireplace, put up arcitraving and decorated all by myself.
- Renewed my vows in the Maldives
- Won a channel 4 award for my work with Asylum Seekers in designing a welcome pack
- Kissed somebody who was kind of famous (Curiosity Killed the Cat??)
- Been to a retreat
- Got from Switzerland to the UK with no money and jumping trains (until I attempted to walk on a Ferry and needed to call my mum to wire money through to be able to get home!)
- Had amazing city breaks and holidays in Europe
- I have 2 Degrees but secretly always wanted a Masters
- Both myself and my daughter were bridesmaids for my best friend
- Visited Downton Abby
- Finally going in far enough to take my feet off the floor to snorkel – took me 5 days!
- Witnessed the birth of my grand daughter
- Worked in Europe as a teenager
- Cross Country Skiing in Austria
- Part of a strong female Photography Group
- I was a single parent for 8 years that gave me so much strength
- Cycled over Brooklyn Bridge
- Had some amazing holidays
I am sure I have missed off loads of things but it is only with looking back that I appreciate all the amazing places I have visited and experiences I have had. Try your reverse bucket list.